These whoopie pies are so unbelievably soft and full of yummy fall flavor. An all time hit at our house, they do not last long. I usually can't even get them all cooled enough to frost before hands are snatching them up. If you are having a holiday get together, people over for dinner, a cookie exchange or really just because these are the ones you want to go to! They will not disappoint I can promise you that!
For the Whoopie Pies
For the Cream Cheese Filling
Pumpkin Whoopie PiesPreheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat together brown sugar, sugar, oil and pumpkin.
Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition, followed by the vanilla.
In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
Using a pastry bag with a round tip, or a big zip top plastic bag with one corner snipped, squeeze out concentric circles of batter, starting from the middle and working outward until the circles are about 2 inches in diameter.
Bake for 11 minutes and cool on a rack
Cream Cheese Filling
Ya'll, this is ahhhhhhhhmazing! It is a go to for me for know own for holidays parties if I am asked to bring dessert. This will be on the menu for sure. Usually I will make this in the morning and by the evening its totally gone.
All my boys say this sooooo much better than just a normal chocolate chip cookie. Give it a try & your kiddos will be addicted. You may even have all the ingredients in your pantry now!
1 pie crust, homemade or store bought
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) butter, softened
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1. Pre-heat the over to 325 degrees. Grease your pie plate.
2. Beat the eggs in a bowl until foamy, just a few minutes. Add flour, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla, beat until combined. Add the butter and continue beating until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Press your pie crust into the prepared pie plate. Drizzle half of the sweetened condensed milk over the bottom of the crust. Spoon in half of your filling. Pour the remaining sweetened condensed milk over the filling. Spoon int he rest of the filling.
4. Put into the oven and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
5. Cool for 20 minutes or more before serving.