I came across this recipe a few years ago when I wanted to bake something super simple. They meet that requirement for sure! Super easy to make and with only 5 ingredients. YES, only 5 ingredients.
They are such a soft cookie and they jam just puts them right over the edge. I could eat a full dozen of them in one sitting, no problem ;)
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons sugar
1 cup + 3 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup raspberry preserves
powdered sugar for sprinkling
1. Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed.
2. Add the sugar and beat well.
3. Add in flour, a small bit at a time, beating in on low speed, just until incorporated.
4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes, and up to 2 hours.
5. 30 minutes prior to baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
6. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Scoop out 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough, roll them into rounds, and cover in sugar place them on the cookie sheet. Lightly press your thumb in the center of each round. Fill each indentation with a 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
8. Place pan in the oven to bake for 12-13 minutes. They will still be very soft when you remove them from the oven , and that is what you want to see.
9. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 full minutes, then carefully transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.