1/3 cup (67g) packed light or dark brown sugar
1 Tablespoon (15g) granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup (84g) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup (100g) packed light or dark brown sugar
1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature preferred
1/2 cup (120g) yogurt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 and 3/4 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons (45ml) milk (any kind)
1 and 1/2 cups peeled, chopped peaches (3 peaches)
1 cup (120g) confectioners' sugar
3 Tablespoons (45ml) heavy cream (or milk for a less creamy texture)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. First, make the crumb topping: In a medium bowl, combine both sugars, the cinnamon, and melted butter. Stir in the flour. The crumb topping will be thick and crumbly. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Cut parchment paper into squares to line muffins tins.
3. Make the muffins: In a medium bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat on high until creamed, about 2 full minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the eggs, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute, then turn up to high speed until the mixture is combined and uniform in texture. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
4. In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, all-spice, and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and slowly mix with a whisk. Add the milk, gently whisking until combined and little lumps remain. Fold in the peaches with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
5. Spoon the muffin batter evenly between all 12 muffin tins. There may be enough to make a 13th muffin in a 2nd batch, depending if there were a few extra peach chunks thrown in. Fill the muffin tins until they are full all the way up to the top. Press a handful of the crumb topping into the top of each; crumble it with your hands to make some big chunks.
6. Bake for 5 minutes at 425F degrees, then keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the oven temperature to 350F degrees and bake for 15-19 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Make the glaze: whisk all of the ingredients together and drizzle over warm muffins.