This recipe takes me right back to my childhood! It's the perfect of a little sweet n salty. My kids love when I make this recipe and its usually gone fairly fast, as are most things in this home. But this one for some reason will always have a special place in my heart & will never not be a favorite. With youth football games right around the corner I have a feeling I will be making lots and lots of these!
1 (12 oz) box Chex cereal
1 (12 oz) bag chocolate chips
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (2 lb) bag powdered sugar
1. Place cereal into a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
3. Microwave for 60 seconds and then stir until smooth. If the chocolate chips haven't melted enough, microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the mixture is completely melted.
4. Stir in vanilla extract.
5. Pour the chocolate mixture over the chex cereal and stir together gently with a spatula, until all the chex pieces are completely covered in chocolate.
6. DO NOT OVER MIX. The chunks are the best part! The cereal pieces should be completely coated in chocolate, but it's ok for a few to clump together.
7. Pour the powdered sugar over the mixture. Use as much or as little as you like, but I think this is best when no chocolate shows through.
8. Gently stir to combine.
9. Store in an airtight container!